As a motorcyclist in New York, you are entitled to the road just as much as anyone else. When another driver operates their vehicle recklessly or negligently, they are putting others at risk, including motorcyclists. The injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident are often serious and painful. Motorcycle accidents can be life-changing and may require costly long-term medical treatment. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in New York, you may be facing a long road to recovery. With piling medical bills, missed work, and pain and suffering from your injuries, you may be wondering what to do.
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in New York, it is important to call an experienced motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. Finz & Finz, P.C. will fight tirelessly to help you get the compensation you deserve following your motorcycle accident. For more than three decades, we have been committed to helping motorcycle accident victims throughout New York. This blog will list steps to take if you have been involved in a motorcycle accident. Call now at 855-TOP-FIRM to set up a free initial consultation.
Steps To Take After Motorcycle Accident
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, we strongly recommend you take the steps listed below:
- Remain Calm. You may understandably become emotional and rattled after being involved in a motorcycle accident. You may be overcome with adrenaline, anxiety, and physical pain if you were injured. It’s very important that you try your best to remain calm despite the chaos surrounding the motorcycle accident.
- Call 911. Call 911 and stay at the accident scene until first responders arrive. Answer any questions the police may have. Make sure you get a copy of the police report, as it will be an important part of your claim.
- Seek Medical Attention. If medical attention is not required at the accident scene, you should get examined by a doctor as soon as you can. Sometimes injuries aren’t immediately apparent, and even severe injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), may take days or even weeks to begin exhibiting symptoms.
- Exchange Insurance and Contact Information. Collect insurance information and record the contact information, driver’s license numbers, and license plates from all parties involved in the motorcycle accident. Make a note of the make and model of the vehicles.
- Take Plenty of Photos. Take pictures of the scene of the motorcycle accident as well as all the vehicles involved. Make a note of important information such as the road where the motorcycle accident happened and any road hazards.
- Call Your Insurer. If you have not reported the motorcycle accident to your insurance company, make sure to do so. Don’t provide a recorded statement if they ask. They do not have your best interests at heart. Insurance companies are focused on paying out the lowest settlement possible. You have the right to decline any request for statements.
- Contact An Attorney. The sooner you speak with an experienced New York motorcycle accident lawyer, the better. A lawyer can make a huge difference in your settlement. Insurance companies will likely offer a lowball settlement. It’s a good idea to consult with an attorney before accepting any settlement. A skilled attorney will speak with your insurance company on your behalf and negotiate a full and fair settlement.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
Not every accident gives victims the right to recover compensation. When you meet with Finz & Finz, P.C., we will review the facts of your case and let you know whether you have a viable claim. At Finz & Finz, P.C., we will thoroughly examine both the economic and non-economic losses you have sustained and ensure that any settlement offer you accept reflects the full value of your motorcycle accident case. If the insurance company is unwilling to make a fair settlement offer, we will file a lawsuit and take your case to trial, if necessary.
The New York motorcycle accident lawyers at Finz & Finz, P.C. can make sure you are fully compensated for the duration of their recovery period from the accident, as well as for any potential future expenses. Our attorneys can help:
- Collect evidence
- Reconstruct and investigate the accident
- Analyze police reports
- Interview witnesses
- Handle all communication with the insurance company
- If necessary, prepare the case for trial
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit to seek compensation for both special and general damages. New York motorcycle accident lawyers understand the ins and outs of the civil court. Having a lawyer handle all the complex legal matters will allow you to focus on what’s most critical: your health and recovery.
The skilled New York personal injury attorneys at Finz & Finz, P.C. are prepared to help you recover the maximum compensation available to you following your motorcycle accident. You may be entitled to a range of damages, such as:
- Medical bills (past and future)
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment in life
At Finz & Finz, P.C., our top priority is to ensure you get full and fair compensation for your losses so that you can be made whole again.
Contact a New York Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
A motorcycle accident can have serious consequences. Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident in New York that was not your fault? If so, you deserve to be compensated for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and all other losses you have suffered. Don’t delay. Call the highly skilled and compassionate New York motorcycle accident lawyers at Finz & Finz, P.C. today at 855-TOP-FIRM to schedule a free initial confidential.