MRSA (or Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) has been a plague on the medical establishment for the last decade. Staph infections have always been common, but with the advent of antibiotics, few people died or were seriously harmed by these bacteria for nearly 80 years. But as the bacteria mutated and
Spring flings and summer carnivals will be heating up as the winter releases its hold on the country. Children and young adults will be gathering to have some carefree fun in a variety of environments. But parents should be aware of the risks these children face in these situations. Bounce
The more technical the study sounds, the less likely it delivers good news. Good news is usually trumpeted in catchy headlines, not buried in scientific lingo. So when you see a study called “Efficacy of the Decolonization of MRSA Carriers in Clinical Practice,” you can assume it isn’t good. And
MRSA is everywhere. Once mostly contained to hospitals and other medical facilities, the drug resistant strain of Staphylococcus has now spread to schools and supermarkets. It can be spread by surfaces or from person-to-person. The person-to-person form of transmission has just been illustrated in a particularly terrifying case out of
The whole point of a school is to be a center of learning. We send our children from kindergarten to high school with the expectation that they will receive an education. Learning is viewed as the key to getting a good job and making good money. A quality education is
They are there to help you at your most vulnerable times. Whether you are in a car accident or have a heart attack, first responders can be the literal difference between life and death. We respect all they do for us, and we trust that they won’t make things worse.
There is new hope for people suffering from a particularly dangerous strain of Staph infection. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus, or MRSA, has become the scourge of hospitals around the country, and is now becoming more and more common in other environments. Restaurants are testing positive for it on their tables and silverware,