How a New York City Defective Drug Attorney Can Help With Your Case
Pursuing a defective or dangerous drug claim requires a deep understanding of the relevant laws and regulations. For a successful case, your attorney will likely need to consult with a qualified medical expert to testify on your behalf. This is why it’s best to choose an experienced attorney to help with your case.
A defective drug lawyer from Finz & Finz, P.C., can handle all of the following:
- Free Case Review – Are you still deciding whether filing a lawsuit is right for you? At Finz & Finz, P.C., we understand that this is a big decision, which is why we offer free case reviews. We’ll evaluate the details of your case to identify the at-fault parties and estimate how much you might recover in compensation. This will give you all the information you need to make the decision that’s best for you.
- Full Review by Industry-Leading Experts – After accepting your case, we will consult with experts on relevant issues of medicine, pharmacology, and liability. This allows us to devise a custom legal strategy to increase your chances of recovering compensation.
- Document Your Damages – We will document your past, current, and future expected damages related to the defective drug. If we secure a settlement or judgment in your favor, you will be fairly compensated for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
- Represent Your Best Interests – Throughout the entire legal process, the experienced litigators of Finz & Finz, P.C., will aggressively fight on your behalf. We never settle for less and will tirelessly prepare and take your case to trial, if needed.
Why Choose Finz & Finz, P.C.?
At Finz & Finz, P.C., our caring legal team understands how an injury from a defective drug can impact your life. You may have had to take time off work and are probably facing significant medical bills. For decades, we’ve helped people just like you secure financial compensation to offset these negative effects.
Victims of dangerous and defective drugs choose our law firm because:
- We have over 35 years of experience handling lawsuits on behalf of victims injured by dangerous drugs. With a deep understanding of the laws and regulations that drug manufacturers must follow, we can help you go after all responsible parties to maximize your compensation.
- Our hand-selected legal team includes four former judges and highly experienced litigators who are ready to fight on your behalf.
- We maintain strong partnerships with some of the world’s most renowned experts in various fields of medicine, pharmacology, and more. With their help, we can build the strongest cases possible.
- Our team includes highly experienced support staff who are committed to providing superior service, in addition to top-notch litigators.
- We exclusively focus on personal injury and product liability cases, and have dedicated our careers to upholding the rights of injured victims and their families.
- We never settle for less. Whether you’ll need ongoing medical care, or you’ve been forced to take time off work, we’ll take all of this into consideration when pursuing compensation on your behalf.
- We have secured record-setting verdicts and settlements that total over $1 billion. We approach each case with unrelenting commitment to pursue the compensation you deserve.
For a free, no-obligation consultation, contact us today. Our New York City defective drug attorney can guide you through the legal process, and explain your potential compensation options.
Statute of Limitations on Defective Drug Cases
The statute of limitations is a law that determines the deadline for filing a lawsuit. This varies by state. In York, a defective or dangerous drug lawsuit would fall under the statute of limitations for products liability.
The deadline to file is generally within three years of the date you were harmed due to a defective or dangerous drug. After the statute of limitations has passed, you will no longer be allowed to file a lawsuit. This is why it’s important to speak with an experienced lawyer as soon as you suspect negligence.
While three years might seem like a lot of time, this time passes quickly when you’re busy dealing with the aftermath of an injury. Likewise, your attorney will also need enough time to review the case and prepare the necessary paperwork.
To take the next step, contact Finz & Finz, P.C., today. Our highly experienced New York City defective drug lawyers can meet with you for a free consultation and determine the correct statute of limitations for your case.
What to Do If You’ve Been Harmed by a Dangerous Drug
If you’ve been harmed by a dangerous or defective drug, your first priority should be getting immediate medical attention. With timely medical care, you can reduce your chances of sustaining long-term harm.
Afterward, be sure to save the drug you took, including the packaging, as well as any receipts or prescriptions. These can possibly be used as evidence during your lawsuit. Try to also obtain a copy of your medical records after getting treatment for your injuries.
You should contact an experienced dangerous drug attorney right away. Not all adverse reactions from drugs are caused by negligence. But if your injuries were in fact caused by manufacturer negligence, it’s best to find out as soon as possible so you can file a lawsuit before the deadline.