New York City Defective Product Attorneys
Manufacturers have a duty to ensure that the products we use every day – from power tools to children’s highchairs – are safe and free from harmful defects, toxins, or other dangers. There are numerous safety standards and other guidelines in place to protect consumers, but unfortunately, these standards aren’t always met.
If you were harmed due to a dangerous or defective product, you have a right to hold manufacturers accountable for their negligence and demand compensation. Financial compensation can cover any medical costs related to your injuries, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
For several decades, the experienced legal team at Finz & Finz, P.C., has helped victims of injuries from defective products recover significant compensation. Here are some of our recent victories:
- $3,300,000 settlement for a worker who was run over and killed by a defective farm tractor.
- $1,000,000 settlement where a homeowner was seriously injured when the adhesive he was using to install floor tiles ignited.
- $2,000,000 settlement against the manufacturer of a vaporizer, which started a fire and resulted in the death of an infant and injuries to the infant’s father.
- $20,520,000 verdict against Philip Morris USA Inc. and American Tobacco for designing cigarettes to addict consumers.
To learn more about your legal options, contact us now and schedule a free consultation with our New York City defective product lawyers. We serve greater NYC and the surrounding areas, including Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Long Island, and Mineola.
How a New York City Defective Product Attorney Can Help With Your Case
Here are just some of the ways a New York City defective product attorney can help with your case:
- Identify Who Is Responsible. In some defective product cases, only the manufacturer is responsible, but a full investigation can reveal multiple at-fault parties, including distributors, vendors and others. An experienced defective product attorney will identify all responsible parties to maximize your potential financial compensation.
- Determine the Type of Negligence. When it comes to defective product cases, the process isn’t as simple as filing a claim and demanding compensation. A lawsuit must be filed on the grounds of strict liability, defective or negligent design, failure to warn, or breach of warranty. Different types of negligence require different elements to prove fault. An experienced New York City defective product attorney can determine the type of negligence involved in your situation, and build a strong case based on the required elements of fault.
- Consult with Relevant Experts. In most cases, securing the opinion of an expert is needed to prove fault. At Finz & Finz, P.C., we work with some of the world’s top experts to consult on various issues of liability.
- Demand the Highest Compensation Available. You may be entitled to more compensation than you’re aware of. Your attorney will fight on your behalf to seek the full amount that you’re entitled to and that you deserve.