Cerebral Palsy Lawyer
New York Cerebral Palsy Attorneys
Cerebral palsy is one of the leading causes of disability in children. This developmental disorder severely affects muscle coordination and fine motor skills. Cerebral palsy is often the result of brain damage sustained before, during, and immediately after birth.
When complications arise during pregnancy and childbirth, doctors have a responsibility to properly treat them. Even the slightest error during these crucial moments can cause a lifetime of difficulties.
Was your child diagnosed with cerebral palsy, and you believe it was caused by a doctor’s mistake? You may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering, ongoing medical care, and more.
- We have recovered more than $1 billion in settlements and verdicts for victims of medical malpractice and other types of negligence.
- We have a hand-selected team of litigators ready to fight on your behalf.
- Our lawyers have strong relationships with highly-accomplished experts who consult on complex issues of medical negligence and liability.
- We have experienced support staff and provide caring, personalized service.
- We have a reputation built on trust and a proven track record.
To meet with a cerebral palsy lawyer in New York, contact Finz & Finz, P.C., today by phone or online. During your free consultation, we’ll answer all of your questions, address any of your concerns, and fully explain your legal options.
Our conveniently located New York offices serve Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Mineola, Long Island, and other areas surrounding NYC.
Do You Need a CP Lawyer If Your Child Was Diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral palsy is not always the result of negligence. In some cases, the development of cerebral palsy is completely out of anyone’s control. But if you believe your child’s condition was caused by medical error or negligence, then it’s important to speak with a cerebral palsy attorney right away.
While every situation is different, these are common red flags that your child’s cerebral palsy was caused by a medical mistake:
- Due to a doctor’s oversight, the pregnant mother had infections or other illnesses that went untreated for too long.
- Complications that arose during delivery were not attended to in a timely manner.
- The doctor delivering the baby used excessive force with forceps, a vacuum, or other medical instruments.
- The baby suffered from a lack of oxygen during delivery.
These situations don’t always constitute negligence. It’s important to have your case fully evaluated. Speak with a cerebral palsy attorney as soon as you suspect a medical mistake or oversight after your child is diagnosed with cerebral palsy.
How a New York Cerebral Palsy Lawyer Can Help With Your Case
Medical malpractice cases are among the most complex to litigate. In lawsuits involving cerebral palsy, it’s critically important to retain a cerebral palsy lawyer who has experience with these matters. The lifetime costs and disabilities associated with cerebral palsy are significant. With a sizable verdict or settlement, you can build a life that will help your child thrive.
Consider the benefits of hiring a New York cerebral palsy lawyer at Finz & Finz, P.C.:
- We have a network of top medical experts to help us build the strongest case possible.
- We fully investigate every case to identify all responsible parties and maximize your potential compensation.
- Our experienced legal team documents your damages so you and your family can be fairly compensated.
- Whether we settle your case or go to trial, we aggressively fight on your behalf every step of the way. We never quit.
Financial Help for Cerebral Palsy
Children with cerebral palsy often require costly medical care and specialized services. There is no cure for cerebral palsy. These expenses will last throughout the child’s lifetime.
The following costs may be taken into consideration when determining your compensation:
- Hospitalization and medical care
- Lost wages and loss of future earning capacity
- Ongoing and future medical care
- Ramps, lifts, and other home modifications
- Rehabilitation and other special services
In addition to calculable costs, you may be awarded compensation for general damages, such as pain and suffering or emotional trauma in a cerebral palsy lawsuit.
Cerebral Palsy Lawsuit Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations is a law that determines how much time you have to file a lawsuit. In New York, you have 30 months from the date of medical negligence to file a cerebral palsy lawsuit. After this deadline passes, the court will dismiss any claim.
Two-and-a-half years may seem like plenty of time, however, you should contact an experienced cerebral palsy lawyer as soon as possible. Here’s why:
- Your attorney will need enough time to review the case.
- Your attorney will retain a medical expert to conduct an in-depth review of the facts and steps that should have been taken by your doctor.
- Your attorney will prepare the lawsuit paperwork.
- Witnesses will need to be contacted.
Talk to a NY Cerebral Palsy Lawyer Now
While complications during childbirth can’t always be prevented, hospitals and doctors should have the skills and experience needed to safely deliver your child. When complications arise and medical mistakes are made, birth injuries and developmental disorders can be the result. When that happens, children can face a lifetime of difficulties.
If your child developed cerebral palsy due to negligence, you have a right to demand compensation from all responsible parties. At Finz & Finz, P.C., on Long Island, we understand how devastating a diagnosis of cerebral palsy can be. We make it our priority to secure the compensation you deserve. That can allow you to build the best life possible for your child.
To learn more, contact us today and schedule a free consultation with our cerebral palsy lawyers in New York. We will listen to your needs and concerns, estimate your potential compensation, and fully evaluate your case.