New York Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Nursing Home Neglect Lawyers and Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
As loved ones age, many families turn to nursing homes and assisted living facilities for long-term care. Unfortunately, nursing home patients don’t always receive the attention that they deserve. Poor care can lead to infections, bed sores, serious slip-and-fall injuries, and more.
Was your loved one harmed in a nursing home due to neglect or abuse? You and your family have legal options, and you may be entitled to compensation.
For decades, Finz & Finz, P.C., has helped victims of nursing home neglect and abuse recover compensation for their loved one’s injuries. Some of our recent verdicts and settlements include:
- $1,150,000 settlement for a patient suffering from Parkinson’s disease. She fractured her hip after being left unattended in her room and without a call bell.
- $350,000 settlement on behalf of a 77-year-old woman who fell and fractured her hip due to the nursing home’s failure to implement proper fall-risk protocols.
- $5,000,000 verdict against a hospital for failing to properly treat a patient who suffered from asthma; improper care led to respiratory arrest.
- $500,000 settlement for an 82-year-old man who fractured his leg as a result of the nursing home’s failure to utilize a functioning bed alarm.
Our caring legal team understands that nursing home neglect and abuse can have devastating, long-term consequences. We will aggressively fight on your behalf to hold all responsible parties accountable and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Call us today to schedule a free consultation with our nursing home abuse lawyer or nursing home neglect attorney in New York. We serve clients in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Mineola, Long Island, Queens, Nassau County, and other areas within and surrounding NYC.
How a New York Nursing Home Neglect Attorney or Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Can Help With Your Case
New York nursing home neglect and abuse cases can be complex. They may involve state laws, federal regulations, and various fields of medicine. It’s important to hire an attorney with specific experience handling these cases.
An experienced New York nursing home neglect and abuse lawyer will:
- Fully review the case to determine who is responsible for neglect or abuse.
- Consult with prominent medical experts to determine the nursing home’s legal standard of care, and to show that a breach of the standard of care has occurred.
- Prepare and file the necessary court documents and attend legal hearings on your behalf.
- Devise a legal strategy, focusing on the strengths of your case.
- Conduct interviews and depositions of all relevant witnesses and defendants.
- Represent your interests during settlement negotiations and demand the highest compensation possible.
- Prepare and take the case to trial in New York court, if needed.