Carbon Monoxide

divider

Dozens of people were exposed to carbon monoxide at a popular music venue on August 16th, 2018, in Manhattan. A beverage dispenser at the facility was dispensing carbon monoxide into the environment. It is unclear how long the issue might have existed before it discovered and addressed, but clearly at…

Read More

Carbon monoxide exposure is a hidden menace that can occur in a variety of situations, mostly involving enclosed spaces and machinery or appliances. Running a vehicle in a garage or using poorly ventilated stoves or water heaters runs the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Fires, including house fires, apartment fires,…

Read More

It is easy to take for granted that something that works once will keep working. This is particularly true of heating and cooling systems and appliances, where so long as the temperature stays comfortable and the stove keeps cooking, we assume that everything is just fine. But major problems can…

Read More

A terrible tragedy in Michigan claimed the life of one child and left 13 more unconscious and in critical condition. Employees of Quality Inn in Niles, Michigan made the terrible discovery on April 1st at the indoor swimming pool at the hotel. Initial indications are that a chemical reaction caused…

Read More

The country saw an extremely warm autumn with record breaking temperatures in the north east. New York City residents were basking in 70 degree weather just a few weeks from Christmas. With home heating bills a constant concern for so many people, it was a relief not to have to…

Read More

Never jump to conclusions. We tell ourselves this daily, and yet all too often we still jump to conclusions. Thankfully a woman in Greeley, Colorado didn’t just jump to conclusions and asked the proper questions before an unimaginable tragedy occurred. Twelve people were sickened and one child was hospitalized, but…

Read More

A story in recent news reported a carbon monoxide leak at a mall that left the manager of one business dead, and several others on the way to the hospital. Emergency crews even reported feeling dizzy and nauseated as they responded to the scene. The manager was found in the…

Read More

The fall season is often a reminder for many families to check their smoke detectors, smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. With extra company in the house and festive activities taking place in the home, you’ll want your haven to be safe for the holidays by preparing for (and preventing)…

Read More