Category: Electrocution


Public transportation systems require ongoing maintenance and improvements to ensure that they are safe for public use. However, far too often, negligence and mismanagement allow these systems to fall into disrepair, putting you and your loved ones at risk. Unfortunately, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York City is

Electrical shock is always dangerous, and site supervisors and contractors should do everything possible to avoid exposing workers to live current. An electrical shock can result in cardiac arrest, resulting in the death of the worker. Even less serious shocks can still cause electrical burns and other long-term health problems.

Though electrocution accidents can happen in almost any profession, construction workers are particularly likely to be exposed to these dangers, with over half of all electrocution related workplace deaths affecting people who work in this field. Though there are many situations where these workers might suffer an electrical accident, certain

Electrical accidents do not truly happen by accident, except perhaps on the rarest of occasions. Generally speaking, electrical incidents at the workplace are preventable, provided the employer has properly invested in safety equipment. Electricity is dangerous and sources of electricity must always be treated with the utmost respect, and there

It’s not our fault. That is the sentiment of the people in charge of the lake where three Boy Scouts were electrocuted to death on August 5th, 2017. Two older Eagle Scouts were teaching a younger boy how to sail when their mast struck a power line 30 feet above

Water and electricity don’t mix, a fundamental fact made very clear by a story out of Montgomery County, Maryland. A mother and her daughter were forced from their home by severe flooding of the basement caused by extreme weather. The mother and daughter were waiting outside their home in a

A tragic tale out of Tampa, Florida reminds us all of the danger that surrounds almost every building in America. A 22-year-old young man heard a loud boom, looked outside to find the fence was on fire, and rushed out to try to keep the fire from spreading while his

In an unusual turn of events, a man lost his arm by electrocution when he poked a dead bear that was in his path. He poked the bear with a metal pole. What he did not know was that the bear had been lying on a downed power line. The