The True Tale:
Keeping the risks of COVID-19 aside, the hospital is a place where danger to a patient lurks around every corner.
Examples? Here are a few at random:
- the new patient is admitted into a room to be shared with another who has a persistent cough. Possibly, the new patient contracts a serious respiratory illness that causes a condition for which the patient was not admitted.
- Or, a nurse failing to pay appropriate attention administers the wrong medication.
- Or, the IV is injected not into a vein, but into an artery, causing a dangerous systemic infection.
- Or, the attending doctor misdiagnosis the patient’s condition, which leads ultimately to a protracted recovery course.
- Or, the surgeon who operates, damages a vital organ causing permanent damage.
- Or, the obstetrical staff during labor delivers a brain-damaged baby by failing to employ the appropriate standard of care.
- And on, and on…
Those and countless other medical, nursing, and staff errors can be categorized with two words: “Medical Malpractice.”
The law firm of Finz & Finz, P.C. has represented thousands of victims of medical malpractice throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk County. Finz & Finz, P.C. has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for its deserving medical malpractice clients.
- “GOOD MEDICAL TREATMENT IS A COIN-TOSS THAT REQUIRES THE RIGHT CALL: A MISTAKE CAN KILL”
Leonard L. Finz, age 95, is a decorated WWII veteran (1st Lt., Field Artillery, Philippines), a former New York State Supreme Court Justice, Peer-Reviewed as “One of America’s Preeminent Lawyers”, and the Founder of Finz & Finz, P.C.