You’ve put it off all year. You’ve made excuses for not doing it. It will take too much time. You don’t even know where to start. There’s no one you can ask for advice. You’re nervous to take the first step. What if you pour your heart out, and then someone tells you that it’s all your fault.
But with the arrival of the New Year, it is time to make some New Year’s resolutions. This year, you really only need one. It’s time to put aside your excuses and do the right thing for you. That means stopping the second-guessing and finding the right person to help. If you have been injured due to another person’s negligence, it’s time to make a resolution to find the right attorney this year.
With the constant advertisements on television, you’d think it would be easy to find the right lawyer. But the process isn’t as simple as it can sometimes seem, and it’s easy to be overwhelmed by your options. When looking for a personal injury attorney, be sure you:
- Find an attorney experienced in the type of case you are presenting
- Ask friends and families for recommendations
- Consult online review sites and the attorney’s web page
- Find someone with whom you are comfortable
- Ask questions to make sure you and your attorney are on the same page
- Make sure you and the attorney agree on just what type of settlement you are seeking, or if you are even interested in settling
If you have been injured, it can often feel like the whole world is against you. This isn’t true. There are people ready and willing to help you. You just have to know how to find the right person to help. Please, for this year’s resolution, resolve to find an attorney who can see your case to a reasonable settlement.