There are an astronomical number of pedestrian accidents in New York every year. Victims are often left with catastrophic and life-altering injuries. When the trauma and consequences from a pedestrian accident are severe, the potential for a top-dollar recovery from the at-fault party is significant.
Were you struck on foot in New York City? You need a highly experienced pedestrian accident attorney to build a strong case and obtain compensation on your behalf. Look no further than Finz & Finz, P.C.
Our nationally recognized law firm is staffed by a team of top-notch attorneys who are acclaimed as leaders in personal injury law. We’re consistently named as one of the finest firms in New York and have achieved record-setting verdicts and settlements for our clients over more than three decades of practice.
Recent Pedestrian Accident Cases We Have Successfully Litigated
Our renowned pedestrian accident attorneys have successfully recovered significant compensation in numerous recent cases, including:
- $1,075,000 settlement for a client who was struck while crossing the road
- $520,000 settlement obtained on behalf of an 18-year-old client struck in the crosswalk at 14th Street in Manhattan
- $390,000 settlement secured for a wheelchair-bound accident victim who was hit by a driver making an illegal left turn
- $300,000 settlement negotiated for a client struck by a taxicab on 7th Avenue
To learn more about how Finz & Finz, P.C. can help you, call or contact us for a free and confidential consultation.
Types of Compensation Available After Getting Hit by a Car
In a pedestrian accident claim, you may be entitled to a wide range of compensation for your losses, including:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment or quality of life due to disability or scarring/disfigurement
What Factors Impact the Settlement Amount?
Most pedestrian accident claims are resolved through a settlement with the insurance company of the driver who hit you.
Several factors can affect the ultimate amount of compensation you may receive, such as:
- Severity of your injuries
- Extent of your lost income
- Whether your losses exceed the $50,000 no-fault insurance threshold
- Whether your injuries meet New York’s “serious injury” threshold to sue for non-economic damages like pain and suffering
- The insurance policy limits of the responsible driver
- Your insurance policy limits
- Whether you bear any responsibility for the pedestrian accident
Our pedestrian accident lawyers have successfully represented individuals in lawsuits throughout NYC and Long Island. We can defend you against unfair claims of fault and litigate aggressively for the full compensation you deserve.
Seek a Free Consultation With a New York Pedestrian Accident Attorney
If you were hurt in a pedestrian accident in New York, we know you’ve suffered. A skilled attorney from Finz & Finz, P.C. can fight for the compensation you deserve as you rebuild your life.
Founded by the Honorable Leonard L. Finz, a former New York State Supreme Court Justice who has been peer reviewed as one of America’s preeminent trial lawyers, our law firm is guided by the principle that no person should go without justice when someone else has harmed them. Put our experience and dedication to work for you. Call or contact us now for a free consultation.