Car accidents are among the most common causes of serious injuries and fatalities in New York and throughout the United States. Car accidents can occur on any roadway in New York, affecting drivers, passengers, bicyclists, pedestrians, and others. Most car accidents are caused by driver negligence. When negligence occurs, drivers can be held liable under civil law. If you have been injured in a car accident in New York that was caused by another party, you could be entitled to financial compensation through a civil lawsuit.
The highly skilled and compassionate lawyers at Finz & Finz, P.C. are ready to help. We know how difficult the aftermath of a car accident can be for you and your family. Our experienced New York car accident attorneys will work hard to hold the negligent party accountable and make sure you receive maximum compensation.
At Finz & Finz, our attorneys are always available to talk, listen, and support you as we work hard to resolve your case. We are prepared to help you recover full and fair compensation for your injuries and losses. Call now at (855) TOP-FIRM or fill out the free accident case evaluation form.
The most common causes of car accidents in New York include:
- Distracted Driving – Drivers who are distracted are more likely to cause accidents. Driving distractions may include: eating, drinking, talking on the phone, texting, reading books, using GPS devices, tuning radios, etc.
- Ignoring traffic signals – Stoplights, stop signs, speed limit markers are all used to organize traffic and keep drivers informed. When drivers ignore these signals, it can disrupt the flow of traffic and cause a crash.
- Speeding – Speeding, one of the top causes of car accidents, can lead to serious injuries and death. The force of impact in a crash with a speeding car is always greater than it would be for a car that is moving at a legal speed.
- Driving too fast for conditions – While speeding is always dangerous, even driving at the speed limit can be reckless in certain situations. If severe weather is causing traffic to slow down dramatically, drivers must give themselves enough time and room to brake.
- Unsafe lane changes – It is dangerous for motorists to change lanes suddenly or without signaling.
- Tailgating – Following too closely, also known as tailgating, is extremely dangerous. Tailgating is often the result of impatience, road rage, or distracted driving. Accidents caused by tailgating can result in whiplash injuries, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), and other serious injuries.
- Drunk driving – Despite the dangers of drunk drinking being well-documented, some motorists continue to make the negligent and reckless decision to drive after having too much to drink. An intoxicated driver puts everyone on the road in danger. Alcohol impairs judgment and reflexes. If a driver is under the influence of alcohol, they are more likely to take risks and drive aggressively.
- Driving while fatigued – Drowsy driving can just as dangerous as drunk driving. Tired drivers can fall asleep behind the wheel, which can lead to a crash. Like drunk drivers, drowsy drivers have delayed reaction times.
- Inclement Weather – Heavy rain, snow, hail, high winds, and fog can make driving conditions in New York far more difficult. It’s important to only travel as fast as the conditions will allow. Be sure to allow plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front of you as well. If weather conditions are particularly severe, it’s a good idea to pull over until conditions improve.
- Vehicle Failure – A defective or malfunctioning auto part can cause a serious accident. Drivers need to take their cars in for routine maintenance to avoid these kinds of accidents.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a car accident in New York from no fault of your own, it’s critical that you consult with a skilled and compassionate personal injury attorney as soon as possible. At Finz & Finz, P.C., our attorneys understand how traumatic the aftermath of a car accident can be, and we are here to help.
Why You Need a New York Car Accident Lawyer
Many car accident victims assume they can handle their claims on their own. The reality is that car accident cases are often much more complex than they appear. An auto accident must be thoroughly investigated to determine who caused the accident and which party or parties are liable. A skilled New York car accident attorney can handle aspects of your crash investigation. They will gather the relevant evidence to prove how the crash occurred, who caused it, and who is liable for compensating you.
An experienced car accident lawyers can help with an array of important tasks relating to your car accident, including but not limited to: your accident:
- Communicate with the insurance companies
- Investigate the car accident
- Gather medical records and medical expenses
- Collect physical evidence needed to pursue the claim
- Negotiate a full and fair settlement
- If necessary, take your case to trial
If you or a loved one has sustained serious injuries in a car accident in New York, contact the experienced car accident lawyers of Finz & Finz, P.C. We will fight to protect your rights and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact a New York Car Accident Lawyer
At Finz & Finz, P.C., our highly skilled and compassionate car accident lawyers understand how difficult the aftermath of a car accident can be for you and your family. We will work diligently to hold the negligent party or parties accountable, and we will fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve. Reach out to the New York car accident attorneys at Finz & Finz, P.C. now by calling (855) TOP-FIRM. We offer free, no-obligation consultations.