New York Amputation Attorneys
Amputation or dismemberment can rob a person of any extremity on the body, but it most often involves the loss of an arm, hand or finger or a leg, foot or toe. Those whose digits or limbs have been violently severed in an accident, however, and those who have had body parts surgically amputated in the hospital both face the same challenges. These challenges span the physical, emotional and financial realms of life.
Finz & Finz, P.C., is a premier personal injury firm dedicated to pursuing outstanding legal results for individuals who have suffered amputations or other serious injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing. The firm’s New York amputation lawyers have more than 25 years of experience in personal injury law and are ready to assist you today.
Experienced With Many Types of Amputation Injuries
Countless different types of negligence can result in the loss of a limb. A few of the most common causes of amputations, however, include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Any type of crash can cause injuries that require amputation, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, school bus accidents and more.
- Misdiagnosis: If a physician or other medical professional fails to diagnose and treat even a simple infection in a patient’s toe, for instance, that infection can spread up the leg and become systemic, requiring amputation of the whole limb or even resulting in wrongful death.
- Machinery accidents: Amputations often occur in accidents involving farm equipment, conveyor belts, drill presses, food slicers, meat grinders, milling machines, printing presses and other machinery.
- Dog bites: A vicious animal, especially a large dog, can easily bite off a person’s finger or severely mangle a limb.
- Children’s injuries: If a child gets his or her hand caught in the door of a car, a washing machine, a dishwasher, or another vehicle or appliance, he or she can easily lose fingers.
If you are an amputee or the victim of dismemberment, you may need multiple surgeries, special pain medication, psychotherapy, prosthetic limbs, or other expensive medical supplies and care. A skilled lawyer can help you pursue maximum personal injury compensation to cover all your medical needs, plus past and future lost wages and other damages.
Talk to the NYC Loss of Limb Attorneys at Finz & Finz, P.C.
If you, a family member, or a friend has suffered an amputation or dismemberment as a result of medical malpractice, an auto accident, or any other negligence-related cause, call Finz & Finz, P.C., toll-free at (855) TOP-FIRM. You can also submit a Free Case Evaluation form to our experienced New York personal injury lawyers online.