Queens Car Accident Lawyer
Have you been injured or lost a loved one in a car accident in Queens, NY? If so, you may be entitled to pursue financial compensation from the party responsible for the serious car accident. A Queens car accident lawyer from Finz & Finz, P.C. can help you seek the justice you deserve.
Our family-run law firm has become nationally recognized for skillfully representing car accident victims in Queens and throughout New York. We have recovered more than $1 billion in compensation from car accident cases over the last 35 years. Insurers and defense attorneys know that we will vigorously pursue the maximum result for car accident victims and will not back down until we have held the negligent parties accountable for their conduct.
What Do You Have to Prove in a NY Car Accident Case?
If you are pursuing a car accident claim, you will need to prove that another party caused the crash to the insurance company and their legal team. You will also have to prove you have suffered car accident injuries and compensable losses as a result. Otherwise, the insurance company might deny your request. Proving who caused a car accident usually involves showing how another party’s actions make them legally at fault for the crash.
For example, in car accident cases you need to show that the at-fault driver was speeding, ran a red light, made an illegal turn, or changed lanes without signaling, which caused the car accident.
Proving fault in a car accident case often requires evidence such as the following:
- Accident scene photos
- Eyewitness statements
- Police reports
- Surveillance footage
- Cell phone records
To recover compensation from the insurance company after a car accident case, you also need to prove what losses you incurred due to the car crash. This can include medical and rehabilitation expenses, loss of wages for the period of time you missed from work and loss of future earning potential, and even personal losses such as physical pain and emotional distress.
Proving financial losses after a car crash usually requires documentary evidence such as medical bills, invoices, receipts, pay stubs, and tax returns. In catastrophic car accident cases, where the plaintiff is unable to ever work again (or work in a diminished capacity), expert testimony from a vocational and forensic economist is often necessary. Showing non-financial losses after a car accident involves relying on testimony from your treating medical providers, family, and friends regarding the impacts your car accident injuries have had on your life.
How Can a Queens Car Accident Lawyer Assist Your Claim?
The Queens car accident lawyers from Finz & Finz, P.C. can help you pursue your legal rights after an auto accident by:
- Conducting an independent investigation into the car accident to determine what caused the crash and who should be held liable
- Obtaining and securing documentation to prove the losses all car accident victims sustained from their car accident injuries and ensure that we pursue a full financial recovery in your case
- Preparing and filing your insurance and legal claims
- Retaining industry-leading expert witnesses, such as accident reconstructionists, medical specialists, vacationists, forensic economists, and others
- Negotiating with insurers and defense lawyers to try to reach a fair settlement
- Preparing for and advocating on your behalf at a trial before a jury, if a fair settlement cannot be reached