Car Accident Lawyer in Queens, New York
Have you been injured or lost a loved one in a car accident in Queens, NY? If so, you may be entitled to pursue financial compensation from the party responsible for the collision. A Queens car accident lawyer from Finz & Finz, P.C. can help you seek the justice you deserve.
Our family-run law firm has become nationally recognized for skillfully representing victims of accidents in Queens and throughout New York. We have recovered more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients over the last 35 years. Insurers and defense attorneys know that we will vigorously pursue the maximum result for our clients and will not back down until we have held the negligent parties accountable for their conduct.
Reach out to the Queens personal injury lawyers at Finz & Finz, P.C. today for a free initial consultation with a knowledgeable Queens car accident lawyer and find out how we can help you.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Car Accident Case in Queens, New York?
If you are pursuing a car accident case, you will need to prove that another party caused the crash. You will also have to prove you have suffered injuries and compensable losses as a result. Proving who caused a car accident usually involves showing how another party’s actions make them legally at fault for the crash.
For example, this may involve showing that the at-fault driver was speeding, ran a red light, made an illegal turn, or changed lanes without signaling.
Proving fault for a Queens car accident often requires evidence such as the following:
To recover compensation in a car accident case, you also need to prove what losses you incurred due to the crash. This can include medical and rehabilitation expenses, loss of wages for the period of time you missed from work and loss of future earning potential, and even personal losses such as physical pain and emotional distress.
Proving financial losses usually requires documentary evidence such as bills, invoices, receipts, pay stubs, and tax returns. In catastrophic cases, where the plaintiff is unable to ever work again (or work in a diminished capacity), expert testimony from a vocational and forensic economist is often necessary. Showing non-financial losses involves relying on testimony from your treating medical providers, family, and friends regarding the impacts your injuries have had on your life.
How Can a Queens Car Accident Lawyer Assist Your Personal Injury Claim?
A Queens car accident attorney from Finz & Finz, P.C. can help you pursue your legal rights after an auto accident by:
- Conducting an independent investigation into the accident to determine what caused the crash and who should be held liable
- Obtaining and securing documentation to prove the losses you sustained from your injuries and ensure that we pursue a full financial recovery in your case
- Preparing and filing your insurance and legal claims
- Retaining industry-leading expert witnesses, such as accident reconstructionists, medical specialists, vocationalists, forensic economists, and others
- Negotiating with insurers and defense lawyers to try to reach a fair settlement
- Preparing for and advocating on your behalf at a trial before a jury, if a fair settlement cannot be reached