Do You Need a Bus Accident Attorney in Queens?
A bus accident in Queens can turn your life upside down in the blink of an eye, leaving you with severe injuries that require expensive medical care and prevent you from working. You should not have to pay the price of a bus accident that was someone else’s fault. Turn to Finz & Finz, P.C. for help getting the financial recovery you need from the person or organization responsible.
For three generations, our family-run law firm has advocated for the rights and interests of accident victims in Queens and throughout the Five Boroughs. Our nationally recognized personal injury attorneys have recovered over $1 billion for our clients, including some of the largest settlements and verdicts in New York history. We have the drive, skill, and resources to tackle even the most complex cases.
You deserve compensation for the injuries you suffered if you were in a bus accident that someone else caused. Let our Queens personal injury law firm help you demand it. Contact Finz & Finz, P.C. to find out how a Queens bus accident lawyer from our firm can help you during this challenging time. Our initial consultation is free and easy, get started with this form.
Injured in a Bus Accident Near Queens, NY? Here Are Your Legal Options
If you were injured in a bus accident, you could have multiple legal options to recover compensation for your losses.
Depending on the circumstances of the bus crash, you could:
- File a PIP claim with your auto insurance company — If you were hit by a bus while driving your car, your PIP policy may apply. All car insurance policies in New York must provide up to $50,000 in compensation for medical costs, lost income, and other expenses incurred due to injury, regardless of fault for the accident.
- Pursue a claim against the bus driver — The driver’s negligent operation of the bus could make them at fault for an accident.
- File a claim against the bus operator — The entity that operates the bus could be responsible for the actions of its employees. New York statute of limitations requires you to give notice of your claim within 90 days of the accident if you pursue compensation from a public agency, such as the MTA, NYCTA, Port Authority, or a school district.
- Pursue a claim against the mechanics who maintained the bus — Those responsible for the vehicle’s upkeep could be at fault if the accident occurred due to negligent maintenance that led to a mechanical failure.
- Pursue a claim against the bus or auto part manufacturers — The company that manufactured the bus or its parts could be responsible for an accident caused by a defective component.
What Types of Compensation Can You Receive If You Were Injured in an MTA Bus Accident?
A bus accident in Queens can result in painful injuries, severe trauma, and a range of financial losses. When you retain a Queens bus accident lawyer from Finz & Finz, P.C. for your injury case, you can expect us to fight for financial recovery for all your ongoing and future anticipated expenses and losses. This is our commitment to you. You deserve to be compensated for all that you have suffered, which could include the following:
- Emotional trauma and distress from the accident, your injuries, and subsequent medical recovery
- Loss of future earning capacity and job benefits if your injuries result in permanent impairment that leaves you unable to work
- Loss of income if you cannot work due to temporary disabilities caused by your injuries
- Loss of quality of life because of disabilities and any visible, permanent scarring or disfigurement that interferes with daily living
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses, including hospital stays, medical or mobility equipment, pain medications, physical and occupational therapy, or surgeries
- Physical pain from your injuries and medical treatment
- Vehicle repair costs or reimbursement of your car’s value if it was damaged or totaled in the accident
Average Settlement for Bus Accident Injuries
Each bus accident case involves unique circumstances, meaning no settlement can be considered “average.” Instead, the value of a bus accident settlement will depend on multiple factors, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- How many people were injured in the accident
- The number of at-fault parties
- The availability of insurance coverage
- The strength of your evidence and legal claim
- The skill of your legal counsel
Settlements can range from a few thousand dollars for minor injuries to hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars for catastrophic injuries that result in permanent disability.
How a Queens Bus Accident Attorney Will Help
Bus accident cases are complicated, partly because of the number of potentially responsible parties. Don’t try to take on this task alone, especially when you should be concentrating on resting and healing from your injuries.
Instead, let a Queens bus accident lawyer from Finz & Finz, P.C. help you by:
- Reviewing your case and explaining what to expect during each step of the legal process
- Securing evidence from the accident that we can use to build a case for your right to compensation, including physical evidence from the scene of the accident, dashcam footage and surveillance video from nearby stores and landmarks
- Identifying at-fault parties and legal options for obtaining financial recovery for your losses
- Documenting your expenses and losses to calculate the full compensation you’re entitled to
- Collaborating with industry-leading accident reconstruction experts and medical, financial, and vocational experts to develop persuasive opinion testimony in support of your claim
- Filing insurance and legal claims on your behalf to begin pursuing compensation
- Aggressively negotiating on your behalf to reach a fair and full settlement of your bus accident claims
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary, to give you the best chance of obtaining maximum compensation
When to Contact a Queens MTA Accident Lawyer
If you were hit by an MTA bus, speak with a Queens bus accident attorney from Finz & Finz, P.C. as soon as possible. Reaching out to our firm immediately after an accident allows us to investigate your claim fully and prepare an effective argument supporting your right to financial compensation. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a highly experienced bus accident lawyer in Queens. We can review your case and explain your options without cost or obligation to you.