Hospital Malpractice Lawyer
Hospital Medical Malpractice
Hospital Medical Malpractice refers to instances where negligence and a lack of reasonable care contributes to the injury or illness of a hospital patient. Though hospitals are responsible for providing care to patients, the negligence of a hospital or other medical facility can cause serious injury and even fatal results. According to The Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences, it is estimated that almost 100,000 patients may be killed annually in hospitals as a result of medical negligence.
Types of Hospital Malpractice & Negligence
Unfortunately, hospital negligence occurs in various forms, from the exposure to hazards to unclean and unsanitary facilities or medical equipment. Some additional types of hospital negligence and malpractice include:
- Failure to admit or properly treat
- Failure to diagnose a disease
- Emergency room errors
- Surgical errors
- Failure to follow up with patients
- Negligent testing
- Birth related injuries
- Improper Standard of Care
- Medication Mistakes
- Development of infections
Hospital Liability in New York and Nationwide
Hospitals are required to meet the specific standards that outline its code of conduct to ensure public safety. When a hospital fails to do so, they may be held directly liable for their own negligence. Some instances where a hospital may be held responsible for hospital negligence include:
- Failure to ensure proper licensed staffing: When a hospital fails to meet the hiring standards of a medical staff that consists of properly licensed physicians and other health care providers. If a patient is injured due to a staff member's negligent care, the hospital may be held liable for its failure to ensure the ability of its staff.
- Failure to provide sufficient number of staff: When a hospital fails to maintain enough staff on duty at all times in order to ensure quality patient care
- Failure of staff to follow the orders of the patient's attending physician which results in personal injury
Legal Help for Hospital Medical Malpractice Victims
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence or medical malpractice of a hospital, contact a hospital medical malpractice lawyer at the Finz firm now toll free at (855) TOP-FIRM or simply fill out the Free Hospital Malpractice Case Evaluation form.