Manhattan Attorney Offers Advice for Staying Injury Free While Travelling This Summer
June 26, 2013 | Finz & Finz, P.C.
Each year, millions of people travel to unknown destinations, family homesteads and big cities for business conferences and vacations. One hopes there will be no mishaps along the way. You can ensure your trip will be without incident if certain practices take place to prevent injury while on the road and at a foreign location. On your travels, keep these tips in mind:
- When travelling abroad, take extra care to keep personal items locked in a hotel safe, or on your person without showing off any currency to anyone. This means keeping cash and credit cards nearby, and away from anyone who could easily grab your purse or wallet.
- Travel means parties, and with that often comes drinking. Knowing your limitations when drinking on vacation where the urge to be bolder and more daring may creep up on you may benefit you in the long run. Travelers have been know to fall from balconies, die in elevator shafts, and fall from rocks while intoxicated and on vacation. A man in Miami was fatally killed after falling into an elevator shaft at the resort where he was staying while looking for his car, and many fall at the Grand Canyon after an afternoon of dehydration and improper imbibing. Don’t let this happen to you.
- Avoid dark alleys and less-travelled walking paths. It may seem quaint to stroll along the dimly-lit avenue after dinner, but areas like these can cause confusion and lead to your straying too far off the beaten path. Stick to the areas you know that are close to your hotel.
- Be wary of providing too much information to those you meet along the way. While many of us travel to see new places and meet new people, giving out more personal information is as bad as airing your dirty laundry on Facebook. Keep private things to yourself so you're not a target for identify theft.
- Post pictures and tales of your experience after you return. While social media has made our whereabouts known to everyone on our friend and fan list, sharing that you're out of town may not be the best course of action if you want your home to remain untouched while you are away. When someone knows you’ll be gone for an extended period of time, you may find yourself the victim of a robbery while you were gone. By all means, share the photos and news—just share it when you return.
Travelling is one of the most popular hobbies, and whether you are travelling to New York or to another destination, our world has so much to offer. Take time to be sensitive with travelling and seek the advice of a competent attorney if you have been injured while on vacation.
Additional Info: Personal Injury Overview
Tags: Premises Liability Accident Attorneys New York, New York Premises Liability Accident Attorneys, Premises Accident and Injury Law Firm New York, Manhattan Premises Liability Accident Law Firm