Wet Weather Means Watch the Road!
August 28, 2013 | Finz & Finz, P.C.
Any time weather conditions present themselves on the road, it makes for a different journey for drivers everywhere. Summer brings a series of monsoon storms in the southwest, hurricanes on the east coast, and flooding in other parts of the country, often within a matter of minutes. Drivers are suddenly blinded by the intense rain, and other drivers skid off the road and into other cars.
When you encounter a monsoon or severe rainy weather conditions, here are some steps you can take to ensure your safety on the road.
- Your best first course of action is to stay off the road if you sense a monsoon coming. Drivers will continue to take chances and drive, and may be impaired and run into you in a very short time after the storm started. Reduced visibility on the road is never good.
- Learn how to brake in wet weather so as not to cause hydroplaning.
- Keep a safe distance behind each car, and make sure no one is tailgating you in case you need to stop suddenly.
- Watch for pedestrians. If you are a pedestrian walking along the road in a rainstorm, keep a safe distance from traffic and take shelter if you can away from the road.
- If you find yourself in a skid, be sure to turn your steering wheel in the direction of the skid.
- Before you travel, make sure that your windshield wipers are in proper and effective working order.
- Be sure all tires are in working condition.
It’s not always feasible to stay off the road when we still have to go about our daily business, but being cautious in inclement weather can help. If you find yourself in a situation where you have been injured because of another vehicle during a rainstorm or monsoon, there may be a lack of evidence at hand due to the weather. Be sure to enlist the advice of an attorney who is known for personal injury cases so you can achieve the compensation you deserve.
Additional Info: Car Accidents
Tags: Manhattan Car Accident Attorneys, New York Car Accident Law Firm, Car Accident and Injury Law Firm NY, Manhattan Car Accident Law Firm