Truck Accident Lawyer
There are more than 5,000 Truck Accident Deaths in the USA Each Year
Every year truck accidents are the cause of thousands of serious injuries and fatalities. Truck accidents are more likely to cause serious injury than car accidents because of their size and weight. A loaded tractor trailer can weigh over 80,000 pounds while the average passenger car, weighs about 3,000 pounds.
Stuart L. Finz, the senior partner and truck accident trial lawyer at the Finz firm has obtained the largest recorded cash settlement in a personal injury truck accident case in New York State history. The record truck accident settlement was in the sum of $24.5 Million. Mr. Finz has been named one of the top personal injury trial lawyers in New York State by New York Super Lawyers, and is listed in the New York Law Journal report of Largest Verdicts. After winning numerous Multi-Million Dollar Verdicts and Settlements, he was selected as a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a prestigious group of trial lawyers in the United States.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration there are over:
- 4,500 large trucks involved in fatal crashes each year
- 5,000 fatalities in crashes involving large trucks each year
- 135,000 large trucks are involved in non-fatal crashes each year
- 60,000 large trucks are involved in crashes that cause personal injury each year
- 90,000 injuries are caused by crashes involving large trucks each year
Contributing Factors of Serious to Fatal Trucking Accidents
There are many contributing factors to Nationwide truck accidents. In order to conduct a thorough investigation you need an experienced and successful truck accident lawyer. The Finz firm will conduct a thorough investigation on your behalf. Some common causes of truck accidents include:
- Lack of training of the truck driver
- Overloaded trucks
- Oversized trucks
- Poorly maintained brakes
- Driving in poor conditions poor visibility, fog, snow, or rain
- Truck driver inexperience
- Fatigued truck drivers that drive without mandated "off duty" time
- Speeding over the limit or driving at high speeds for existing weather conditions
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Aggressive driving behavior
- Truck drivers driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Truck drivers with long record of traffic accidents or violations
- Unsafe safety systems, reflectors, lights, or other warning devices
Trucking accidents are far too common and pose complex legal issues. It is important to seek an experienced truck accident lawyer in order to maximize your recovery. While typical laws of negligence apply, there are also special Federal and State laws that apply to commercial semi-truck drivers and trucking companies.
Legal Help for Truck Accident Victims
The experienced New York based truck accident lawyers at the Finz firm have amassed the top team of truck accident experts in the Nation to assist you and your family in recovering full compensation for your medical expenses, loss of wages, and pain and suffering. The Finz firm represents truck accident victims throughout United States. Contact the Finz firm now toll free at (855) TOP-FIRM or simply fill out the Free Truck Accident Case Evaluation form.