New York Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle crashes are more common than one would think, especially those that involve beginner riders. One out of every five motorized bike crashes are shown to result in head or neck injuries.
Have you or loved one been injured in a motorcycle accident due to a negligent driver?
The New York Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Finz & Finz, P.C. can assist you in recovering compensation for your injuries. Contact our New York Motorcycle Accident Lawyers today!
A study conducted in collaboration with The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports:
- Approximately three-fourths of motorcycle accidents involved collision with another vehicle, which was most usually a passenger automobile.
- Approximately one-fourth of motorcycle accidents are single vehicle accidents involving the motorcycle colliding with the roadway or some fixed object in the environment.
- Vehicle failure accounted for less than 3% of these motorcycle accidents, and motorcycle rider error was present as the accident precipitating factor in about two-thirds of the cases studied.
- Typical motorcycle rider errors associated with motorcycle accidents include slide outs and falls due to over braking or running wide on a curve due to excess speed or under-cornering.
- In multiple vehicle accidents, the driver of the other vehicle violated the motorcycle right-of-way and caused the accident in two-thirds of those accidents.
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Intersections are the most likely place for a motorcycle accident, with the other vehicle violating the motorcycle right-of-way, and often violating traffic controls.
- Most motorcycle accidents involve a short trip associated with shopping, errands, friends, entertainment or recreation, and the accident is likely to happen close to the trip's origin.
- The median pre-crash speed was 29.8 mph, and the median crash speed was 21.5 mph, and the one-in-a-thousand crash speed is approximately 86 mph.
- More than half of the motorcycle riders involved in an accident had less than 5 months experience on the motorcycle involved in the accident, although the total street riding experience was almost 3 years. Motorcycle riders with dirt bike experience are significantly under represented in the accident data.
- Injury severity increases with speed and motorcycle size.
- Riders and passengers wearing a helmet showed significantly lower head and neck injuries
Common Causes of Motor Bike Accidents
Motorized Bike accidents can be caused by:
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving
- Poor road conditions
- Traffic congestion
- Disregard of driving laws right of way
- Auto car driver negligence
Preventing Motorcycle Accident-Related Injuries in New York
Almost every single motorized bike crash ends in injury and damages can be extensive. Studies of motor bike crashes show that head and neck injuries account for a great majority of serious and fatal injuries to motorcyclists. To help reduce severe injuries, approved safety helmets can help protect against severe head and neck injuries.
However, some New York riders do not wear helmets because they think it will limit their peripheral view. Other riders selectively wear helmets, when taking long trips or when riding at high speeds.
Whether or not a rider feels safe, make note that most motor bike crashes happen on short trips (less than five miles long), just a few minutes after starting out. Most riders are also riding slower than 30 mph when a crash occurs. At these speeds, helmets can cut both the number and the severity of head injuries by half. However, at any speed, helmeted riders are three times more likely to survive head injuries than those not wearing helmets at the time of the crash. Contact our lawyers if you have been injured in a crash resulting from another driver's negligence.
Legal Help for Motorcycle Accident Victims
Motorcycle accident lawsuits must be filed within a certain amount of time. If you are not sure whether or not you can still take action, we encourage you to contact the Finz team of lawyers immediately.
If you, a family member or friend have suffered a serious injury from a motorcycle accident call Finz & Finz, P.C. toll free at (855) TOP-FIRM or fill out the Free Motorcycle Accident Case Evaluation form.